Follow by Email

Sunday, 19 July 2015

Song of Love




Song of Love
Long Distance Journeys: track 1 
Vocals, piano, lyrics: Charlotte Francis

I wrote this at the age of 14. At that point I had listened a lot to Beverley Craven and Oleta Adams after raiding my auntie's CD collection whenever we visited and was inspired by the marriage of piano/soul/voice. 


A lot had happened in my family life and this song was very much written with an an ideal world in mind, in terms of meeting someone by pure coincidence, and how it would stand the test of time. I'm very proud of this song and it has in itself stood the test of time; I have had the honour of playing this at a close friend's wedding, to other friends who have been there for me since school through thick and thin- this is for them, and of course for my husband who is my rock and best friend. (That will embarrass him!) 


It is a dream come true to actually record this and have it included on our debut Lost Winter album written with my good pal Rich that I think is our best writing yet! 


CF 

16/06/2015

P.s. We'd like to send a huge thank you to David Durrant at Under The Radar and Mark at Audio Graffiti for supporting this song and playing it on their amazing indie broadcasts. Without the existence of shows and stations like these the Indie scene would be a poor place indeed.  


Listen to Under The Radar 19/07/2015
Listen to Audio Graffiti

No comments:

Post a Comment